3 Grammar and Vocabulary Practice
Unit Activities and Practice
The following activities were made in accordance with Bloom’s taxonomy in order to help you understand, apply, and use this unit’s vocabulary and grammar. Some tasks will only require filling in blanks, while others will ask you to create something on your own. This will help you to gain a better grasp of the concepts within this chapter.
- In the following sentences complete two tasks: the first task is to click on the verb in the brackets that works best in the sentence. The second task is to translate the sentence to English on a separate piece of paper
2. Practice negation using the following negation questions. This will include filling in the blank, multiple-choice, and short answer questions.
- On a separate sheet of paper, write the times given on the clocks below in Arabic. Try to practice using إلا when applicable.
- Read the following recipe and take note of the vocabulary words used. Try to grasp the general topics
- Challenge: if you want to challenge yourself, try translating the recipe to the best of your abilities.
2. Listen to the following recipe and try to understand as much as possible. The woman is speaking in dialect and is talking fairly fast, so don’t feel discouraged if you can’t follow along completely. Grasp general concepts as opposed to small details.
- On your own, create a chart that goes through your schedule for this week, Monday-Friday, from when you wake up to when you go to bed. Include times, where you go, what you do, and who you’re with. Try to practice conjugating verbs in the past, present, and future forms. Get creative, have fun, and remember that you can always make up something in your routine if you can’t think of anything.