Products: Theater pieces, performances
Practices: Supporting the performing arts, attending musical theater performances, orchestra concerts, ballets, etc.
Perspectives: How are the performing arts valued in French culture?
- Word Bank
- White Boards (via Zoom)
- Random Number Generator (search on Google)
- Make sure that you have screen sharing enabled for all participants. In order to play Pictionary, all students need to be able to share their own Whiteboard through Zoom.
- Try not to repeat vocab words. If the number generator generates a number that’s already been done, try again until you get an unused number.
- It might be helpful to highlight numbers that have already been done on the Word Bank document. Just make sure to undo any modifications once you’ve finished the activity.
Aujourd’hui, nous allons réviser le vocabulaire du théâtre en jouant Pictionary.
1. Pull up a random number generator. This can be found simply by googling “Random Number Generator”
- Set the max. to 40
2. Choose a student to start the game of Pictionary, and use the random number generator to assign them a number between 1 and 40.
- This number corresponds to a vocabulary term from the Word Bank document.
- Send this vocab word to the student directly via the chat. *Make sure that you send it to only them and not everyone*
Quand c’est votre tour, vous allez choisir un nombre entre 1 et 40. Selon ce nombre, je vais vous envoyer un mot dans le chat.
3. Once they have their word, they will then share their screen and select “Whiteboard”
Partagez votre écran et choisissez “Whiteboard.”
4. From there, they will choose “Draw” from the taskbar and begin drawing their vocab word.
Puis, vous allez choisir “Draw” de la barre des tâches et commencer à dessiner votre mot.
5. The other students will try and guess the word based on the drawing.
Les autres doivent essayer de diviner le mot selon le dessin.
6. If they’re having a hard time figuring it out, encourage them to ask their classmate questions.
S’il est difficile de diviner le mot, demandez des questions à votre camarade de classe. Voilà quelques exemples :
- Examples of questions:
- Ce mot, est-ce qu’il est masculin ou feminin ? (Is the word masculine or feminine?)
- Ce mot, est-ce qu’il est un nom ou un verbe ? (Is the word a noun or a verb?)
7. Repeat these steps until all the vocab words have been guessed or until time runs out.
Nous allons répéter ces étapes jusqu’à la fin de l’activité.
Ask the following question(s) to finish the activity:
- Avez-vous des questions ? (Have any questions?)
Feeling creative? The Pathways Project needs your help in remixing activities for the K-12 classroom.
Try taking an activity to the next level by:
- Add new content (something you’ve created or another OER source)
- Contribute additional activity suggestions
- Integrate authentic materials such as videos, infographics, photos, etc.
- Suggest how to implement the activity in the classroom
- Customize the content for a specific audience or group of learners (for example, K-5 learners or to differentiate for student’s needs)
We want to make it easy to share back with the larger Pathways Project Community! Simply, click this link to remix this activity.
Please consider sharing your remixed activity with us by emailing the activity link to Pathwaysproject@boisestate.edu so that Pathways continues to grow!