Module 01: Bonjour!
How can I interact with others from
Module 1 Learning Outcomes:
- greet someone and ask how they are
- introduce myself (or someone else)
- tell someone what I study (or what someone else studies)
- describe a classroom
- tell someone where I am from (or where someone else is from)
- spell my name
- readily recognize and use the numbers from 1 to 69
- tell someone the date of my birthday
- say good-bye to someone
Interpretive: Read student biographies from Francophone countries and answer corresponding comprehension questions.
Interpersonal: Introduce yourself and your classmates to international students studying at Boise State. You will also share a bit about yourself.
Presentational: Write a short biography about yourself to be posted on the International Student Services website. You will also record your biography as a video to be shared on social media.
21st Century Skills:
- Familiarize yourself with and utilize tools for this course such as Quizlet, Pressbooks, and Vocaroo.
- Use digital technology tools to communicate your ideas.
- Articulate your thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts.
- Develop, implement, and communicate new ideas to others.